Community Warden Coordinator
£21,184 gross per annum – 35.5 hours per week
This role is part of the Student Community Welfare department and involves working collectively with colleagues delivering the Guild’s support activity for students living in University and nominated accommodation. The department sits within the Support & Representation Directorate.
Specifically, the Community Warden Coordinator helps to deliver the Community Warden Scheme in support of the Guild’s Community Strategy. The Community Wardens are a student led scheme that works in partnership with the University of Birmingham and other community stakeholders in order to achieve a safer, cleaner and greener community for all. The role will focus on strengthening student and community relationships, increasing student participation in community-based volunteering led projects and promoting environmental activity within the local community.
You will help to deliver large scale community events that provide a profile with our local and external community partners. These events are delivered in conjunction with key staff at the University of Birmingham, the Birmingham City Council, the Police and other internal and external stakeholders.
We are looking for an individual who has a keen interest in working in a community-based environment. You must also be confident in helping to supervise the Community Warden student staff team and communicating with a range of local stakeholders.
We offer great benefits including:
- 5 days close down during Christmas, and 2 during Easter each year, in additional to bank holidays and 21 days annual leave, rising to 26 days after 5 years’ service (meaning you will not work during Christmas, New Year or Easter).
- Full sick pay from the moment you start working for us.
- A comprehensive suite of basic training for all employees which includes Equality & Diversity, Mental Health Awareness and Data Protection
- Discounted membership rates at University of Birmingham Sport & Fitness
- The opportunity for new staff to join the NEST pension scheme. The Guild contributes a matched payment of between 4-6% of your salary
- A range of wellbeing benefits
We are a Times 100 employer and in our most recent staff survey (November 2021) 94% of our staff said they are proud to work for this organisation.
To view more the full job description for this role, please visit: https://www.guildofstudents.com/about/your-union/workwithus/currentvacancies/
Closing date for applications: Thursday 30th June 2022 at 09:00
Interview Date: Thursday 14th July 2022
The Guild of Students is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and welcomes applications from all members of the community.
Should you need to complete your application in an alternative format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org