Student Voice Administration Coordinator (FTC - 6 Months)
Student Voice Administration Coordinator
(Fixed Term – 6 Months)
£22,802 gross per annum - 35.5 hours per week
This role is part of the Student Voice & Representation department working collectively with colleagues delivering the Guild’s student advice, representation, democracy, policy and campaigns work. The Student Voice & Representation Team is part of the Community and Representation Directorate.
The Student Voice Administration Coordinator will work as part of a team responsible for the delivery of the Student Representation and Democratic Systems, ensuring that representation services are successful, engaging and viable services for students at the University of Birmingham. They will support the Student Voice team to deliver activities to promote and support the student voice at the University of Birmingham.
We are looking for candidates who have experience of working effectively as part of a team and using their own initiative, have experience in an administrative role with responsibility for managing and developing administrative systems, have knowledge of further and higher education and the issues affecting students today along with the ability to establish strong working relationships with a wide range of individuals both within the Guild of Students, the University and external organisations.
We offer great benefits including:
- · 36 days annual leave (pro rata for 6 months) (including 8 Bank Holidays and 7 Closed Days), rising to 42 days after 5 years’ service, meaning you will not work during Christmas, New Year or Easter.
- · Full sick pay from the moment you start working for us.
- · A comprehensive suite of basic training for all employees which includes Equality & Diversity, Mental Health Awareness and Data Protection
- Discounted membership rates at University of Birmingham Sport & Fitness
- The opportunity for new staff to join the NEST pension scheme. The Guild contributes a matched payment of between 4-6% of your salary
- A range of wellbeing benefits
We are a Times 100 Best Companies to Work For employer and in our most recent staff survey (March 2023) 78% of our staff said they would recommend this organisation as a good place to work.
The Guild of Students is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and welcomes applications from all members of the community.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 10th October 2023 at 09:00am
Provisional interview date: Friday 20th October 2023
To apply please visit: https://www.guildofstudents.com/about/your-union/workwithus/currentvacancies/
Should you need to complete your application in an alternative format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org