Student Staff - Community Warden
Rate of Pay: £9.18 - £9.50 per hour, plus holiday pay
We are recruiting for Student Community Wardens to work as part-time student staff. The Community Warden Scheme is a peer-to-peer support scheme, providing advice and guidance for students living in the community (primarily in the Bournbrook area of Selly Oak). The Community Wardens work on five key areas: safety, cleaner streets, a greener environment, community cohesion and housing support.
Compulsory training: To be successful in your application, you must be available for training at the Guild of Students on the following dates:
- Monday 12th and Tuesday 13th June 2023
- Monday 11th – Wednesday 13th September 2023
Required a minimum of 5 hours per week, although more hours may be available. Hours and times vary, but will be mainly daytime shifts with some weekend and evening work including a weekly meeting. There is some limited opportunity for vacation work.
Outline of post
A Community Warden will:
- Undertake proactive patrols and doorstep visits to provide advice and support to students and other members of the local community e.g. informing people about recycling, working alongside West Midlands Police to provide safety advice, and report building waste to Birmingham City Council.
- Refer residents to Guild, University and third party support services.
- Work to foster good community relations between student and non-student residents, helping students to feel proud of where they live. This will be done through a variety of campaigns and events throughout the year.
- Support the development of projects run by the Community Warden Scheme including; Community Pantry, Junkbusters, and Go Green Week.
Closing date for applications: Monday 27th March 2023 at 09:00am.
To apply, please visit: https://www.guildofstudents.com/studentstaff/