Senior Voice Coordinator
£29,376 gross per annum, 35.5 hours per week
This role is part of the Student Voice & Representation department working collectively with colleagues delivering the Guild’s student advice, representation, democracy, policy and campaigns work. The Student Voice & Representation Team is part of the Support & Representation Directorate.
The Senior Voice Coordinator will supervise, develop and support staff to deliver the Student Voice and Representation departmental plan. You will act as a role model for the required standard of values, behaviour and performance. We expect Senior Coordinators to help to create an inclusive and engaging environment for all.
You will supervise the Guild’s activity supporting Democracy, Policy & Campaigns and International and Postgraduate Officers and students. You will build relationships with and develop our part-time officers (volunteer student leaders) via the provision of leadership training, guidance and resources, which will empower them to create community-led change. You will also play an active part in supporting student led activity around sustainability within the Guild, collaborating with teams across the University as required to ensure success.
We are looking for candidates who have demonstrable working knowledge of higher education, student engagement and the issues affecting students today along with the ability to take a constructive and co-operate approach to solving problems and the ability to balance the needs of individuals and team/organisation and a wide range of stakeholders.
We offer great benefits including:
- 5 days close down during Christmas, and 2 during Easter each year, in additional to bank holidays and 21 days annual leave, rising to 26 days after 5 years’ service (meaning you will not work during Christmas, New Year or Easter).
- Full sick pay from the moment you start working for us.
- A comprehensive suite of basic training for all employees which includes Equality & Diversity, Mental Health Awareness and Data Protection
- Discounted membership rates at University of Birmingham Sport & Fitness
- The opportunity for new staff to join the NEST pension scheme. The Guild contributes a matched payment of between 4-6% of your salary
- A range of wellbeing benefits
We are a Times 100 employer and in our most recent staff survey (April 2022) 88% of our staff said they are proud to work for this organisation.
The Guild of Students is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in all its forms and welcomes applications from all members of the community.
Should you need to complete your application in an alternative format, please email email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 23rd August 2022 at 09:00am
To view full details about this role, please download the Job Description and Person Specification from the Guild website.
The provisional interview date for this role is likely to be 13th September 2022.