Student Staff - Security Assistant
Rate of Pay: £9.18 – 9.50 per hour, plus holiday pay
Please note that this position is only available to registered students studying at the University of Birmingham until at least June 2023.
In this role you will help to provide a safe environment for all those attending events at the Guild. You will work at various Guild club nights and other Guild events and carry out all duties in a courteous, but when required, assertive manner. At all times you will need to provide an excellent standard of customer service.
This role offers you a range of opportunities to gain skills and experience including (not exclusively):
- Customer service skills
- Experience of working within a busy venues environment
- Assist in providing a safe social space
- Working within licensing regulations
Hours: Security Assistants are required to work up to 16 hours per week during term time. This role will involve working regular Wednesday and Saturdays up to 4am shifts. Other shifts include Monday to Saturday 8pm to midnight, as well as irregular late shifts at various points during the term. . You will be expected to work 2 out of every 4 club night shifts (including FAB and Sports Night).
Training: Security Assistants are required to complete mandatory online and in person paid training which must be completed by the end of May. If you already have SIA training, please state this on your application.
Availability: Security Assistants must be available to work during the following date:
- Monday 19th to Sunday 25th September 2022 – Welcome Week (you will not be required every day, but please ensure that you are available to work during this week).
- Throughout the year, you will need to be available to work at least 2 out of every 4 club night shifts (including FAB and Sports Night).
Closing date for applications: 09:00am on Monday 27th June 2022
To view full details about this role, please download the Job Description and Person Specification from the Guild website.