Finance Assistant - Sales and Bank
£21,184 gross per annum – (full time, 35.5 hours per week)
The Guild wishes to recruit a Finance Assistant who will work collectively with colleagues to administer the Guild’s finances through transaction processing, reconciliation and reporting of financial information.
The Guild is a values led organisation. As a not for profit charity, income generated in our commercial services funds student activities.
This role will undertake specific transactional and reconciliation responsibilities within the Finance Department in accordance with recognised controls, procedures and processes as well as supporting the wider processing and reporting responsibilities within the Finance Department and to assist in the development and improvement of existing systems.
We offer great benefits including:
- 5 days close down during Christmas, and 2 during Easter each year, in additional to bank holidays and 21 days annual leave, rising to 26 days after 5 years’ service (meaning you will not work during Christmas, New Year or Easter).
- Full sick pay from the moment you start working for us.
- A comprehensive suite of basic training for all employees which includes Equality & Diversity, Mental Health Awareness and Data Protection
- Discounted membership rates at University of Birmingham Sport & Fitness
- The opportunity for new staff to join the NEST pension scheme. The Guild contributes a matched payment of between 4-6% of your salary
- A range of wellbeing benefits
We are a Times 100 employer and in our most recent staff survey (November 2021) 94% of our staff said they are proud to work for this organisation.
Closing date for applications: Monday 24th January 2022 at 09:00am
For full information about this role and to view the full job description, please visit: https://www.guildofstudents.com/about/your-union/workwithus/currentvacancies
The Guild of Students is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and welcomes applications from all members of the community.
Should you need to complete your application in an alternative format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.