Education & Welfare Advisor – 2 days per week
£24,483 gross per annum (this salary is for full time 35.5 hours per week and will be pro rata for the part time hours, plus a Cost of Living increase from 1st August 2022).
This role is part of the Student Voice & Representation department working collectively with colleagues delivering the Guild’s student advice, representation, democracy, policy and campaigns work. The Student Voice & Representation Team is part of the Support & Representation Directorate.
Specifically, the Education & Welfare Advisor role is to support delivery of the Voice & Representation departmental plan. In doing this you will undertake casework and offer support to students on a variety of topics including academic, housing, wellbeing and international student support. You will also help to help maintain accessible information systems, in partnership with the Student Voice & Representation department on Higher Education issues, University committees and local and national legislation.
Success in the role will require a highly student and customer focused approach together with an emphasis on teamwork. We are also looking for someone who is able to keep up-to-date with developments in current student education and welfare issues, as well as with the wider Higher Education sector more broadly.
We offer great benefits including:
- 5 days close down during Christmas, and 2 during Easter each year, in additional to bank holidays and 21 days annual leave, rising to 26 days after 5 years’ service (meaning you will not work during Christmas, New Year or Easter).
- Full sick pay from the moment you start working for us.
- A comprehensive suite of basic training for all employees which includes Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, Mental Health Awareness and Data Protection.
- Discounted membership rates at University of Birmingham Sport & Fitness
- The opportunity for new staff to join the NEST pension scheme. The Guild contributes a matched payment of between 4-6% of your salary
- A range of wellbeing benefits
We are a Times 100 – Best Companies to Work For employer and in our staff survey (November 2021) 94% of our staff said they are proud to work for this organisation.
The Guild of Students is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and welcomes applications from all members of the community.
Closing date for applications: Monday 4th July 2022 at 9:00am
Provisional Interview Date: Interviews are currently expected to place on Monday 18th July 2022
Should you need to complete your application in an alternative format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org